Sunday 10 November 2013

An Underground Psalm

The Lord's my Shepherds Bush
I shall not Wanstead
He maketh me to Leyton in Parsons Green,
Ealing me besides Canada Water.
He restoreth St Pauls; he leadeth me in the Plaistow of Rickmansworth for his own Southgate.
Yeah though I walk through Maida Vale, I will fear no East Ham
For thou art Wimbledon, thy Roding Valley and Stockwell, they comfort me
Thou preparest Totteridge & Whetstone, Preston Road and Marylebone: thou annointest my Hampstead with Oval; my Chalfont & Latimer, runneth over.
Surely Gunnersbury and Morden shall follow me all the days of Mile End: and I will dwell in Manor House or Theydon Bois for ever.

1 comment:

  1. Ian Dury did the same thing with London bus stations - called "The Bus Driver's Prayer". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6LzmhQXybE

    ReplyDelete